1. Information you give us
We collect information that you give us such as when you create an account, register for conference audience and/or submit an abstract for publishing. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Uploads of proof of payment documents
- Uploads of your certifications and/or documents relating previous works
We also collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the services, or otherwise when you contact us.
2. Information automatically collected
We automatically collect some technical information from your devices (your computer, mobile phone, tablet) and web browsers even when you’re not signed in to an account. This might include:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called "crash dumps"), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
3. Information collected from other sources
We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources including Google analytics and Newsletter platform.
In addition, when you sign in via OrcID, we collect your OrcID number.
In order to enable us to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, and from other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behaviour data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles and/or URLs. This is for the purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
4. Information on how you use our services
Like the articles you read.